At Woodbine, outstanding health care and rehabilitation services are more than a commitment to those it serves, they are a 50-year tradition built by generations of physicians, nurses and nursing assistants and constantly reinforced by today’s dedicated staff.
We are proud that residents and their families routinely praise Woodbine’s staff – not just for what they do, but also for how they do it. The majority of new residents come to us because of positive word-of-mouth in the Alexandria community. For caregivers, there can be no greater compliment.
We encourage you to tour Woodbine if you are considering receiving intensive rehab so you can quickly return to your pre-hospitalization way of living, or if you are finding a new home where your daily medical needs will be carefully met. Our staff will be just as diligent and concerned about your needs as those of the United States Senators and Congressmen who have come to us for their post-hospital rehabilitation and long-term care.
Woodbine provides in-house physical and occupational therapy 7-days a week. Our masters and doctorate level therapists encourage their patients to have one-on-one therapy as often as they are willing and able to receive it – frequently in the morning and afternoon. We understand that you want to get stronger as soon as you can and we want to help you accomplish that.
What You Will Find
Resident rooms and common areas that were subject to a $4,000,000 renovation completed in December 2018 planned by an award-winning interior design firm.
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi internet access, satellite broadcast programs and telephone service.
- Wall-mounted LCD televisions in resident rooms.
- A team of 4 social workers and 5 activities staff responsible for helping residents keep socially and mentally engaged and active.
- Meals that are not just nutritious, but interesting, varied, delicious, nicely presented and served restaurant-style.
- Centrally located on King Street in an established residential area of Alexandria, but set back 100-yards from the road and convenient to the Metro and other public transportation options.
- Indoor and outdoor spaces for relaxation with friends and family.
Our Rehab Team
We have a team of 15 Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists, all of whom have PhDs or Masters Degrees. They average more than 13-years of experience.
You will work with the same therapists throughout your stay. Because they come to know you well, they are better able to help you make greater progress in a shorter time.
Our therapists specialize in Geriatric Recovery. They have far greater experience with the elderly and familiarity the effects of aging on the rehab process than therapists at outpatient settings.
Rehab therapy is offered 7-days a week. Therapy frequency and duration is based on each person’s individual needs, goals and endurance, all of which are evaluated and discussed upon admission and incorporated into an individualized treatment plan.
Our Medical Team
- On-site medical director specializing in Internal Medicine and supported by full-time Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurses in all Unit Manager and Shift Supervisor positions.
- Full-time wound care Registered Nurse supported by MD with specializations in Wounds and Plastic Surgery.
- Admissions counselors experienced in coordinating communications between hospital, physicians and pharmacy in order to make the transition from to Woodbine as easy for you as possible.
- Community admissions 7-days a week.
- Registered Dietitian to assess the dietary and nutritional health needs of residents, develop meals plans for them and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Social services team who coordinates discharge planning and monitors and responds to changes in patients’ emotional and mental well-being