The progressive Respiratory team at Woodbine specializes in pulmonary rehabilitation for patients who are ventilator and tracheostomy dependent, have debilitating respiratory conditions and disorders and who could benefit from 24/7 care provided by respiratory therapists, pulmonologists and specially trained nurses and caregivers. Renowned for our exemplary level of respiratory care and successful wean rate. Woodbine has been successfully caring for the complex respiratory needs of patients from across the Metropolitan and Mid-Atlantic region for over 25 years.
Our program features:
- Dedicated Ventilator Unit for optimal vent weaning and management
- Tracheostomy Care including onsite quarterly tube changes as needed
- Bedside Rehabilitation with Occupational and Physical Therapists who tailor therapy to each individual’s needs
- Onsite Doctor of Speech Pathology conductsBedside Swallow Studies including FEES to
advance patient’s diet as progresses
- Daily Collaboration with Respiratory Therapists and Speech Language Pathologist; allows for advancements in PMV trials, strengthening of patient swallow and trach tube capping trials ultimately resulting in successful trach weaning
- Oxygen Therapy and Monitoring
- Nebulizer and Aerosol Treatments
- High Frequency Chest Vest Therapy allowing for increased mobility and production of secretions
- Portable Ventilators offering mobility, rehab and recreational involvement resulting in increased quality of life
- Trilogy, Life 2000 and other progressive respiratory modalities
Under the direction of Dr. Samir Al-Khouri, a leading area pulmonologist specializing in pulmonary disease and critical care medicine at local affiliated Inova hospitals, Woodbine’s respiratory team is changing lives daily.